STRATEGIC PLANS (RENSTRA) of our department is one of middle term strategic planning documentsunder the faculty strategic plans of 2011-2015 as well as that of the university’s. In the plans are vision, mission, aims, strategies, policies, programmes and activities planned in 5 years.
The function of the RENSTRA within the frameworkof TridharmaPerguruanTinggi is to guide the department comprehensively according to its tasks and functionsand to fulfill the aims effectively and efficiently through measured programmes/activities.
The RENSTRA is designed simultaneously along with that of the faculty, beginning with data and information processing, internal focus group discussion in the department, discussions with stakeholder sespecially students and alumni, and analysis of its changes and conditionby vision, mission, aims and targets to determine the current and the next 5 years condition, which would be shown in the directions of policies and strategies, as well as the programmes and activities based on indications.
The RENSTRA was designed based on analysis and results in the Self Evaluation(EvaluasiDiri (ED)), and problem analysis in our department comprehensively, in order to act on opportunities and threats as well as improvements and various potentials and weaknesses, which would illustrate our strategic position. The factors were measured by SWOT Analysis under 4 groups, (i) financial perspective, (ii) stakeholder perspective, (iii) internal process perspective, and(iv) learning and growth perspective. Based on the SWOT analysis results,the department of Sociologyis in good condition to use its internal strength in order to seize external opportunities and overcome external threats.
There are 3 (three) pillars of our work programmes. They are as follows :
– Pillar I : Leveling and Broadening of Access
– Pillar II : Improvement of Quality, Relevanceand Competitiveness.
– Pillar III : Management Consolidation, Accountability, and Public Representation.
The three pillars are based onStrategic Plan of the Department of National Education 2006-2011 in order to arrange the Head of Social Science Study Programme’s Work Programme. In addition, the pillars also function as an annual evaluation on the Head of the Department’s performance, and to be delivered to the Deanas well as reported in the format of Governmental Institution Performance Report (LaporanKinerjaInstansiPemerintah (LAKIP)).
The abovementioned pillars are broken down into programmes. The programme for each pillar is different due to their strategis issues, and the programmes are tailored according to different needs..
A. Pillar I : Levelling and Broadening of Access
– Programme I.1. : Department Development
– Programme I.2. : Educational Promotions
– Programme I.3. : Entrance Exam Development
– Programme I.4. : Capacity Building
– Programme I.5. : Distant Learning Development
– Programme I.6. : Improvement and Implementation of ProportionalTuition
– Programme I.7. : Scholarship Development
– Programme I.8. : International Class Development
– Programme I.9. : Exchange of Students and Lecturers
B. Pillar II : Improvement of Quality, Relevance and Competitiveness
– Programme II.1. : Improvement of Curriculum and Learning Technology
– Programme II.2. : Accreditation Quality Improvement
– Program II.3. : Lecturers Quality Improvement
– Program II.4. : Teaching and Learning Quality Improvement
– Program II.5. : Student Academic Activities Quality Improvement
– Program II.6. : Student Non Academic Activities .
– Program II.7. : Research Quality Improvement
– Program II.8. : Laboratory Improvement
– Programme II.9. : Research for Business Quality Improvement
– Programme II.10. : Intellectual Rights and Publications Quality Improvement
– Programme II.11. : Public Service Improvement
– Programme II.12. : Alumni Role Improvement
– Programme II.13. : Collaboration Quality Improvement
C. Pillar III :Management Consolidation, Accountabilityand Public Representation
– Programme III.1. : Reorganization and Autonomy Preparations
– Programme III.2. : Administration Staff Quality Improvement
– Programme III.3. : Library Quality Improvement
– Programme III.4. : Academic Quality Assurance
– Programme III.5. : Funding Structure Development
– Programme III.6. : Facilities Improvement
– Programme III.7. : Discipline, Welfare, Safety and Comfort Improvement